Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:47 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Is it not Palmer?

It's Palmer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35151905

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:51 pm 

Renault Sport Total F1.

Although the Total part might not come along until 2017 when lose the Maldonado money.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:14 am 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
When Button went to Honda they were peaking, not rebuilding or in disarray. In 2008 Honda put in the time, money and work to produce a car to the new regs and the car was so good that even with the last minute scramble to shoehorn the Mercedes engine into it, that car was comfortably the class of the field. And if you go back and watch the '09 season it's clear as day that Button lost his stranglehold on the championship lead when others closed the gap some. The car didn't get worse but Button did not improve. Rubens on the other hand finally got his brakes changed to what he wanted all along halfway through the season, and did in fact improve his performance.

At Renault Button was nothing special. Solid but nothing out of this world which is why he was dealt to Honda.

When Button joined McLaren they were doing quite well so no rebuilding there. As stated the team have declined in performance since he's been on board and outside of 2011 when Hamilton was not in the game so to speak, Lewis was doing things with the same car that Button could not. Always complaining about the tires this that and the other while Lewis was taking the fight to the guys up front.

Now McLaren is struggling mightily and Button and Alonso are mere passengers along for the ride, and until they work out some of the kinks, we won't know for sure who is clearly better and by how much. Both are quite capable but I don't think anyone would be surprised to see Alonso begin to edge Button out before hitting his stride and riding off into the sunset considerably ahead of his teammate.

As for Renault being back, it is excellent to finally have confirmation that they are indeed IN. While I LOVE Black and Yellow their last black & yellow livery was gherkin poor. Perhaps in the 80's the plain look gelled well with the car, but this is 2016 and they need to up their game and create a gorgeous livery along the lines of their 2001-2006 cars. Those all had personality. Nothing prettier than power blue.

Wonder who their 2nd driver will be.

Brawn was brought to Honda rebuild the team, what he actually did imo, however when Honda pulled the plug all that hard work was lost. Many people left and all resources in Japan were cut off. Honda peaked only because it decided to quit. That team from 2008 with Ross Brawn could have won more that time than just in 2009.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:46 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
When Button went to Honda they were peaking, not rebuilding or in disarray. In 2008 Honda put in the time, money and work to produce a car to the new regs and the car was so good that even with the last minute scramble to shoehorn the Mercedes engine into it, that car was comfortably the class of the field. And if you go back and watch the '09 season it's clear as day that Button lost his stranglehold on the championship lead when others closed the gap some. The car didn't get worse but Button did not improve. Rubens on the other hand finally got his brakes changed to what he wanted all along halfway through the season, and did in fact improve his performance.

At Renault Button was nothing special. Solid but nothing out of this world which is why he was dealt to Honda.

When Button joined McLaren they were doing quite well so no rebuilding there. As stated the team have declined in performance since he's been on board and outside of 2011 when Hamilton was not in the game so to speak, Lewis was doing things with the same car that Button could not. Always complaining about the tires this that and the other while Lewis was taking the fight to the guys up front.

Now McLaren is struggling mightily and Button and Alonso are mere passengers along for the ride, and until they work out some of the kinks, we won't know for sure who is clearly better and by how much. Both are quite capable but I don't think anyone would be surprised to see Alonso begin to edge Button out before hitting his stride and riding off into the sunset considerably ahead of his teammate.

As for Renault being back, it is excellent to finally have confirmation that they are indeed IN. While I LOVE Black and Yellow their last black & yellow livery was gherkin poor. Perhaps in the 80's the plain look gelled well with the car, but this is 2016 and they need to up their game and create a gorgeous livery along the lines of their 2001-2006 cars. Those all had personality. Nothing prettier than power blue.

Brawn was brought to Honda rebuild the team, what he actually did imo, however when Honda pulled the plug all that hard work was lost. Many people left and all resources in Japan were cut off. Honda peaked only because it decided to quit. That team from 2008 with Ross Brawn could have won more that time than just in 2009.

That's debateable because they caught a break with a loophole in the regulations which allowed them to build their DD car and steal a march on all the top teams.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:55 pm 

Yes, you are absolutely correct.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:39 pm 

Yellow? :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:38 pm 

Herb wrote:
Yellow? :D

Lol now they only need some white to have the classic Renault colours from their first F1 stint.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:05 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:

Actually Honda's hard work was far from lost as Honda had invested HEAVILY in the new 2009 Platform (the RA109) in order to produce the best car they'd ever made to a set of rules even before the 2008 season. Instead of dividing resources on refining the 2008 car while also developing the 2009 car, they opted to run a slightly revised version of the 2007 car in 2008 and try and score as many points as possible with it without investing too much time and money into it as they were solely focussed on the RA109. This means Honda got a significantly earlier start on their new car than everyone else and it was only at the very last minute, less than 2 months before the first test of the 2009 season, they informed Brawn they'd be pulling out of F1 and Brawn subsequently bought the team for all of $1, precisely as Renault just did with Lotus. And while Brawn's team redesigned a few things, they maintained a close relationship with Honda as they made changes and further developed the car. It is said that Honda's F1 operation carried out more development and testing as far as 2011 but no one knows for sure, though it wouldn't surprise me if evidence of such was discovered/released.

Info in the RA109: http://jalopnik.com/the-inside-story-of ... 1601207940

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:47 pm 

More hints at it being yellow:

Or of course, they could just be trolling us.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:50 pm 

Hopefully they were earlier with ordering some car parts :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:53 pm 

Herb wrote:
More hints at it being yellow:

Or of course, they could just be trolling us.

Renault always had yellow. The question is what are the other colour(s).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:53 pm 

So there hasn't been a yellow car on the grid for years and now, if the Haas rumors are true, there will be four this year?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:04 am 

Renault event http://event.media.renault.com/Renault/ ... che=823482

Tomorrow 1.15 pm (CET)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:09 am 

Also Renault teased some of their livery:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:08 pm 

dizlexik wrote:

Looks good yellow, black, white the colours they had during their first F1 stint.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:50 pm 

Amon wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

Looks good yellow, black, white the colours they had during their first F1 stint.

I can't see it for some reason?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:56 pm 

MistaVega23 wrote:

Can you see this?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:26 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
So there hasn't been a yellow car on the grid for years and now, if the Haas rumors are true, there will be four this year?

Four?
Renault, Hass, and...?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:35 pm 

mds wrote:
MistaVega23 wrote:

Can you see this?

Perfect :thumbup:

Looks nice, I liked the 2010 livery apart from the red end plates so should be good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:41 pm 

nixxxon wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

Four?
Renault, Hass, and...?

Two cars per team.

Then again I said later after seeing pictures of their gantry and hauler without a hint of yellow, I don't think Haas will be going that route.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:04 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Two cars per team.

Uh, ok...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:58 pm 

nixxxon wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
Two cars per team.

Uh, ok...

Sorry, I guess I should've been more clear. I didn't realize distinction between "cars" and "teams" is confusing to you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:32 pm 

nixxxon wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

Four?
Renault, Hass, and...?

Not Hass! Haas!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:41 pm 

mds wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

Four?
Renault, Hass, and...?

Not Hass! Haas!

:lol: sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:40 am 

Looking forward to seeing the new livery.
Got increasingly tired of seeing this faux-Lotus team in its faux-JPS livery.

I'm not sure I like some of the yellow, black and white Renault cars I've seen from the past, at least it'll be a change and also won't be pretending to be something it's not, so I hope they go large on the traditional Renault colours.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:35 am 

Live launch is at 12:15 (UK Time) here:

http://renaultsport.com/

Think they are having load issues though!

Why do I get the feeling that I'm going to be disappointed with the livery, I hope its not almost all black with just yellow highlights...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:40 am 

Herb wrote:
Live launch is at 12:15 (UK Time) here:

http://renaultsport.com/

Think they are having load issues though!

Why do I get the feeling that I'm going to be disappointed with the livery, I hope its not almost all black with just yellow highlights...

Keep in mind that 2010 Renault also had black sidepods.

Also you this website might work too http://event.media.renault.com/Renault/ ... che=219048

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:56 am 

mds wrote:
nixxxon wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

Four?
Renault, Hass, and...?

Not Hass! Haas!

...and not pronounced 'aas either :lol:

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:23 pm 

Feed doesn't load here :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:23 pm 

http://event.media.renault.com/Renault/ ... che=157044

Don't break it ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:26 pm 

Herb wrote:
http://event.media.renault.com/Renault/030216/public/live/d/fr/player.html?nocache=157044

Don't break it ;)

Thanks, but doesn't load either here. Could be because I'm behind a company firewall though.

I'll just look here: http://beta.autosport.com/live/commenta ... eam-launch

edit: it's working now!

Last edited by mds on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:28 pm 

mds wrote:
Herb wrote:
http://event.media.renault.com/Renault/030216/public/live/d/fr/player.html?nocache=157044

Don't break it ;)

Thanks, but doesn't load either here. Could be because I'm behind a company firewall though.

I'll just look here: http://beta.autosport.com/live/commenta ... eam-launch

Try this: http://event.media.renault.com/Renault/ ... che=163571

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:28 pm 

Herb wrote:

Don't break it ;)

That's working for me, thanks.

Nothing seems to be happening yet though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:30 pm 

JohnnyGuitar wrote:
Herb wrote:

Don't break it ;)

That's working for me, thanks.

Nothing seems to be happening yet though.

You're lucky you just joined now - they've just shown 15 minutes of Renault car ads from around the world...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:34 pm 

Feed has started!

NH#1: Quick Nick Heidfeld
NH#2: HULK SMASH

PF1 Pick 10 Podiums: 6 (2nd IND '11; 1st JPN '12; 1st MCO '13; 3rd DEU '16; 3rd USA '16, 3rd MEX '16)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:40 pm 

Oh dear, how stereotypical French can you get? Even their own media events are being dubbed in French :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: thank you dizlexik, English presentation without dubbing :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:42 pm 

mds wrote:
Oh dear, how stereotypical French can you get? Even their own media events are being dubbed in French :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: thank you dizlexik, English presentation without dubbing :)

No problem :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:42 pm 

Team name: Renault Sport F1 Team.
Infiniti as partner for the PU.

Last edited by mds on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:44 pm 

Black? Seriously?

*sigh*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:44 pm 

Oh great. This is great. After McLaren introduces a black car with a few red touches, Renault does the same with a few yellow touches.

FFS.