planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:00 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:42 pm 

Maybe not as relevant for Australia. But certainly for Bahrain. Will you give channel 4 a chance. And what do you think will happen with there broadcast.
The rumors according too http://f1broadcasting.co/ is that Steve Jones will anchor the whole coverage with 2 separate teams roaming the pit lane and Steve working between the 2 teams. (Maybe karun at 1 end with alain Prost and Lee with Bruno. With steve discussing and alalysing with dc)
Anything that you hope that channel 4 will do. What you hope they don't do and what your general expectations are for channel 4 coverage.
I'm interested in what you think will happen what you want too see. What you don't want too see. (Channel 4 have a blank canvas basically as they don't follow the norm that BBC and itv did for all those years)
I'm certainly interested in what will happen with channel 4 coverage.

Thoughts...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:35 am 

I'm looking forward to it. They will certainly be enthusiastic and sell it well I'd guess.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:20 pm 

I have been a fan of channel 4 in the past,because they were often risky with their topics , i'll never forget the "pot weekend " gherkin take , amazing tv, and very funny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:03 pm 

They still show some shocking TV at times, but then the mass of TV channels we have these days makes this a common thing all over the place.

Their coverage of the 2012 paralympics was simply fantastic. They can put together great sports coverage when they want.

Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:54 am 

To help launch the coverage Channel 4 are doing a 'Speed with Guy Martin F1 Special' on March 17th 9pm (GMT).
In it he will race David Coulthard in a red bull with a Tyco BMW motor bike.
Could be interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:25 am 

I've 'series linked' my freesat box but I'm away on holiday from Saturday morning so will try to watch Sky's coverage on my secret app instead!

I'm looking forward to it. The BBC dumbed it down in the last few seasons to an extent I'd literally tune in from the formation lap. I lost interest once Jake had left.

Hope C4 can bring a positive outlook on what's fast becoming a self-destructive sport.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:17 pm 

I predict it'll do slightly less numbers of viewers than the BBC version did. I can't really see this picking up more viewers by a large margin, nor do I think it'll drop by much. I don't see the show changing very much compared to the BBC though I'm not sure what you would change.

The team seems fine to me. I think they'll do a decent job.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:02 pm 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
mac_d wrote:
I predict it'll do slightly less numbers of viewers than the BBC version did. I can't really see this picking up more viewers by a large margin, nor do I think it'll drop by much. I don't see the show changing very much compared to the BBC though I'm not sure what you would change.

The team seems fine to me. I think they'll do a decent job.

It's even the same production company the BBC used (co-owned by DC) so the crew, production people etc. will be largely the same.

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:57 pm 

Hopefully they will manage to inject some excitement and enthusiasm back into the coverage, which was very much lacking in the later stages of the bbc coverage imo.

Judging from the team C4 have put together it looks like they are going to make a decent effort, and the fact they are talking about doing more in depth interviews and special interest features (which the bbc practically stopped) gives me cause to be optimistic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:56 pm 

There's no Eddie Jordan. That in itself will automatically make it miles better than the Beeb was.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:17 pm 

Chunky wrote:
There's no Eddie Jordan. That in itself will automatically make it miles better than the Beeb was.

I hate to burst your bubble but have a look at this link (about half way down the page). :lol:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/formula-1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:19 pm 

Chunky wrote:

Hate to break it to you.....

Eddie Jordan will be part of the team on a rotational basis. He's not on the Oz team though.

I actuality like him. He's at least got some enthusiasm!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:34 am 

Is it just me or is their website...cack....all I want to know is when they will be showing the qualifying and race?