planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Which driver won each intra-team battle in Canada?
Poll ended at Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:44 am
Hamilton 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Bottas 10%  10%  [ 26 ]
Vettel 10%  10%  [ 25 ]
Raikkonen 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Ricciardo 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Verstappen 10%  10%  [ 25 ]
Perez 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Ocon 9%  9%  [ 24 ]
Stroll 2%  2%  [ 5 ]
Sirotkin 7%  7%  [ 19 ]
Sainz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hulkenberg 10%  10%  [ 25 ]
Gasly 6%  6%  [ 16 ]
Hartley 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Grosjean 9%  9%  [ 23 ]
Magnussen 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Alonso 10%  10%  [ 25 ]
Vandoorne 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Ericsson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Leclerc 10%  10%  [ 26 ]
Total votes : 256
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 am 

A little bit of a catch-up is needed as work has been kicking my butt the last two weeks (I've done 40 hours of overtime in the past 13 days, if anyone cares?!) so before the Monaco result, here is how we all voted in Spain:

A particularly lopsided outcome there, underlined by the fact that Sergio Perez was the winning driver with the lowest percentage of votes at 68%! Max Verstappen took his first round win of the year, leaving Sirotkin, Grosjean and Vandoorne as the only drivers not to pick up a PF1 TMW victory. But could any of them change that in Monaco? Well...

...yes they could! Sergey Sirotkin receives 85% of the Williams vote in Monaco and is finally off the mark in our little rating game. Like Spain, Monaco was seen very clearly amongst the majority as to which driver did the better job in each team with every winning driver picking up at least 73% of the vote. For the first time in 2018, two drivers received zero votes at a single race weekend: Vandoorne and Verstappen. They join Marcus Ericsson (Spain) and Brendon Hartley (Bahrain) as the only no-scores of the year. But what do these two sets of results mean to the overall scores?

Hamilton 4 - 2 Bottas (57% - 43%)
Vettel 5 - 1 Raikkonen (68% - 32%)
Ricciardo 5 - 1 Verstappen (81% - 19%)
Perez 3 - 3 Ocon (63% - 37%)
Stroll 5 - 1 Sirotkin (78% - 22%)
Hulkenberg 4 - 2 Sainz (57% - 43%)
Gasly 4 - 2 Hartley (69% - 31%)
Magnussen 6 - 0 Grosjean (91% - 9%)
Alonso 6 - 0 Vandoorne (97% - 3%)
Leclerc 3 - 3 Ericsson (60% - 40%)

- Both Vandoorne and Grosjean remain without a TMW win, and in Vandoorne's case he's only received eight votes across all six races so far.
- After Alonso and Magnussen, Seb Vettel is on the next best run of any driver, having defeated his teammate in the last five races. Gasly and Leclerc have both been voted victorious for the last three races.
- The Red Bull battle is currently the least predictable as they've alternated victories in the last three rounds: Ricciardo in Monaco, Verstappen in Spain and Ricciardo in Baku
- Statistically, the closest battles are at Force India and Sauber, where each driver has won three races and there is a similar split in the percentages (63/37 at Force India and 60/40 at Sauber).
- We now have no situation where a driver has won more rounds but taken a smaller share of the votes for that team. Not a surprise really as the votes begin to pile up across the season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:09 am 

Would be nice if people stopped taking a gherkin in this kind of polls. It's not funny, so please just don't.

Most of my votes here were pretty straightforward. Just had to consider STR for a moment:
- Hartley beat Gasly in qualifying, but then again had the upgraded PU so hard to say how much better he was during qualifying than Gasly, if anything
- Hartley got taken out so couldn't show anything in the race
- Gasly had a very good race to finish 11th from last on the grid though

Gave it to Gasly based on his good race, but Hartley had potential.

Last edited by mds on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:13 am 

mds wrote:
Would be nice if people stopped taking a gherkin in this kind of polls. It's not funny, so please just don't.

Most of my votes here were pretty straightforward. Just had to consider STR for a moment:
- Hartley beat Gasly in qualifying, but then again had the upgraded PU so hard to say how much better he was during qualifying than Gasly, if anything
- Hartley got taken out so couldn't show anything in the race
- Gasly had a very good race to finish 11th from last on the grid though

unfortunately, some people vote for their favourite driver just for turning up on the grid. And others do it deliberately because they know it winds people up and they get a kick out of it. This won't change, sadly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 am 

I see Warheart voted for Hamilton again.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:58 am 

Covalent wrote:

Shocker!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 am 

What’s weird is at the time I’m posting this comment there are 10 votes between the 2 drivers for Mercedes, Red Bull, and Force India but only 9 for every other team.

There’s no wat to tell if that anomaly is all due to just one voter but if it is it’s kind of nuts to vote on a poll like this if you’re only going to register votes for drivers that you like. Could it really be that hard to make a pick between the Ferrari drivers this week?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:10 am 

RaggedMan wrote:
What’s weird is at the time I’m posting this comment there are 10 votes between the 2 drivers for Mercedes, Red Bull, and Force India but only 9 for every other team.

There’s no wat to tell if that anomaly is all due to just one voter but if it is it’s kind of nuts to vote on a poll like this if you’re only going to register votes for drivers that you like. Could it really be that hard to make a pick between the Ferrari drivers this week?

In fairness I always find it hard to remember the lower teams. The cameras don't always pick the action there, unless something big happens. This time it was relatively easy.

What I struggle most though is when a driver retires. Say Alonso this weekend, he was marginally ahead of Vandoorne in both Quali sessions but retired in the race. Vandoorne did finish, albeit very lowly. So who would you vote? I'd go for Alonso, but he didn't finish the race, so that wouldn't be fair. Equally, Vandoorne did worst than Alonso. So.... I just can't chose.

(I went with Alonso in the end, just because he was better when he was in the race)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:21 am 

Siao7 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

In fairness I always find it hard to remember the lower teams. The cameras don't always pick the action there, unless something big happens. This time it was relatively easy.

What I struggle most though is when a driver retires. Say Alonso this weekend, he was marginally ahead of Vandoorne in both Quali sessions but retired in the race. Vandoorne did finish, albeit very lowly. So who would you vote? I'd go for Alonso, but he didn't finish the race, so that wouldn't be fair. Equally, Vandoorne did worst than Alonso. So.... I just can't chose.

(I went with Alonso in the end, just because he was better when he was in the race)

It's just a feeling, at the end of the day. Who did better with what they had? I think if you vote on someone who only lasted a handful of laps, that's probably a bit extreme (unless the other guy was miles off the pace in qualifying and had a lackluster race), but if they show a strong performance for a reasonable duration and mechanical failure forces them out, I think it's fair to give them a vote

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:23 am 

Siao7 wrote:
Covalent wrote:

Shocker!
Who's Kimi's secret admirer? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:05 am 

Zoue wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

It's just a feeling, at the end of the day. Who did better with what they had? I think if you vote on someone who only lasted a handful of laps, that's probably a bit extreme (unless the other guy was miles off the pace in qualifying and had a lackluster race), but if they show a strong performance for a reasonable duration and mechanical failure forces them out, I think it's fair to give them a vote

Yeah, agreed you have to go with your feeling in the end. Alonso retired well after the half way mark, so I voted for him as he was better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:05 am 

Zoue wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Covalent wrote:

Shocker!

I was thinking the same! There's always one!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:28 am 

Siao7 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Covalent wrote:

Shocker!

As a long time Kimi fan I find it ridiculous to see him get votes in these polls when it’s not deserved.

Then again I’m fair to point that I got scolded by my ex-wife for not voting for my son in a Halloween costume contest. His pirate costume was very good but that other kids werewolf was awesome and deserved to win. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:30 am 

RaggedMan wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Covalent wrote:

Shocker!

As a long time Kimi fan I find it ridiculous to see him get votes in these polls when it’s not deserved.

Then again I’m fair to point that I got scolded by my ex-wife for not voting for my son in a Halloween costume contest. His pirate costume was very good but that other kids werewolf was awesome and deserved to win. 8)

Good for you sir! I hope you didn't get into too much trouble. Or is it why she is an ex? :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:47 am 

Siao7 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

Yes I only voted for 6 teams as I didn't know how the rest compared and didn't have time to look it up so gathered that a non vote is less harmful to the poll than a random guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:52 am 

Covalent wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

Yes I only voted for 6 teams as I didn't know how the rest compared and didn't have time to look it up so gathered that a non vote is less harmful to the poll than a random guess.

That's what I do as well

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:57 pm 

This seems like a pretty easy collection of votes, with the only really unclear one being the Toro Rosso pair. I voted for Hartley since he was ahead in quali (albeit with an upgraded engine) and was taken out through no fault of his own.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:40 am 

RaggedMan wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Covalent wrote:

Shocker!

Before you all get too worked up.

I just realised this was me. I was sure I voted for Vettel, so can only assume it was a misclick!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 am 

Is this the first race for a while we've not had a standout winner?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:38 am 

Exediron wrote:
This seems like a pretty easy collection of votes, with the only really unclear one being the Toro Rosso pair. I voted for Hartley since he was ahead in quali (albeit with an upgraded engine) and was taken out through no fault of his own.

Yes I did the same for the same reason, regarding the upgraded engine Hartley was asked on the grid if he was worried about having the same reliability problem that Gasly had with the upgraded engine and he said he didn't have the upgrade.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:32 pm 

Zoue wrote:

I see several.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:49 pm 

Covalent wrote:
Zoue wrote:

I see several.

I only remember ones with a single driver leading the pack, but fair enough!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm 

Zoue wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Zoue wrote:

I see several.

What has that got to do with the price of coffee? :?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Zoue wrote:

I see several.

if you look back at the original question, you'll understand

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:15 pm 

Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Zoue wrote:

I see several.

if you look back at the original question, you'll understand

See the results at the top of the page and I'm still confused. :?