planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:42 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
Johnson wrote:
Looking at the schedule, if Bottas can win tomorrow or even P2, he has a run of tracks he is typically very good on. Canada and Austria being 2 of the next 3. After that, there are a bunch of strong Hamilton tracks in Silverstone, Germany, Monza, Hungary, Spa and Singapore before Russia another Bottas strong track.

Canada is a big Hamilton track. He had a bad race there last year but that's the first bad outing from him there in ages. I think Bottas has already finished his strongest patch or races relative to Hamilton. From here on; only Austria and Russia are races where I would expect him to be able to give Lewis a real run for his money. We'll see.
Johnson wrote:
Looking at the schedule, if Bottas can win tomorrow or even P2, he has a run of tracks he is typically very good on. Canada and Austria being 2 of the next 3. After that, there are a bunch of strong Hamilton tracks in Silverstone, Germany, Monza, Hungary, Spa and Singapore before Russia another Bottas strong track.

Canada, according to the pundits, is one of the tracks where Ferrari and Red Bull are supposed to have their best chance at endingthe Merc dominance. Of course they could be just jerking our chain.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:46 pm 

We are at what was the turning point for Hamilton in 2018,he finished ahead of Bottas 13-0 in the races after Canada 2018. Although that would be 12-1 without Russia’s team order.

But before Canada 2018, it 4-3 to Hamilton which would have been 3-4 without his Baku puncture.

2019,Bottas is now 5-2 down in ahead when both finished. Has he been better this year still? Will he fall away as badly as 2018?

He is slightly closer in the WDC standings this year, 34 points vs 29 points. I’m still not convinced Hamilton has clicked with the car yet so maybe Bottas can gain some ground I’m the coming races. If Hamilton finishes ahead in the next 2 races, Bottas is going to need a miracle.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:21 pm 

i'm not sure Bottas is done yet, even with a poor showing in Canada he still seems to be on it.

If anything else the more pressure on him the more dangerous he will become to LH. He will start taking serious risks on track for overtakes etc.

It will be interesting to see.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:28 pm 

Johnson wrote:
We are at what was the turning point for Hamilton in 2018,he finished ahead of Bottas 13-0 in the races after Canada 2018. Although that would be 12-1 without Russia’s team order.

But before Canada 2018, it 4-3 to Hamilton which would have been 3-4 without his Baku puncture.

2019,Bottas is now 5-2 down in ahead when both finished. Has he been better this year still? Will he fall away as badly as 2018?

He is slightly closer in the WDC standings this year, 34 points vs 29 points. I’m still not convinced Hamilton has clicked with the car yet so maybe Bottas can gain some ground I’m the coming races. If Hamilton finishes ahead in the next 2 races, Bottas is going to need a miracle.

I think it's going the same way as the last 2 seasons, at this stage of the season Bottas is still strong, I guess that we soon forget that in 2017 it was 6-5 in qualifying to Hamilton with Hamilton only 19 points ahead after 11 races, last year was weighted towards Hamilton early on with Bottas' bad luck.

It will be interesting to see if yet again Hamilton can stretch his legs in the second half of the season?

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 16th

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)