Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:24 am 

Zoue wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Blake wrote:
Frenk Biber wrote:
Blake wrote:
Are you suggesting that Schumi used drugs as Armstrong did, or is it an attempt to discredit Schumi's accomplishments because you see him as a great cheater?

Or.... just praising them for both winning the most treasured titles 7 times ?
;)

I think that however great he was, his legacy is stained by cheating. On a more general note I despise the way how in the era of Schumacher and Armstrong people and media loved how a sport was totally dominated by one person by all means necessary. I hate Tiger Woods as well.

Are you as concerned by Hamilton's people and media love?

Hamilton gets a really hard time in the British media as well. Certainly no love in.

Our media doesn't like it much if you're black, successful and don't know your place.

I would disagree with that, quite strongly. I've not seen any evidence that the media has any beef for Hamilton because of his race. On the contrary, when sportsmen/women in the UK are subjected to any kind of racial abuse the media usually whips up a storm in their defence.

The UK generally has a problem with success. It's not a culture that sits comfortably with it. They will cheer the plucky underdog forever but the moment that underdog becomes successful that tends to change and the media quite often looks for ways to bring that person back down. And the British are obsessively proud of their country, combined with a fixation about taxation and people paying "their dues." Whenever someone leaves the UK it's quite often seen as some kind of betrayal, and if that someone goes somewhere that's seen as a tax haven then they may as well eat babies for breakfast as far as the media is concerned.

Having said all that, I don't see Hamilton having that hard a time with the British media. Sure, if he's caught doing something silly, they'll be merciless, but overall the fact he's a Champion means they rally behind him and are generally supportive.

I agree. The only thing that I have logged about Hamilton's race is about him being the first black driver to win a pole/race/WDC/multiple WDCs. Never anything negative. This doesn't mean that they haven't been any negative reports of course, just that I haven't noticed any myself. They tended to go down on the gossip side to whom was he dating, etc.

But it is true, the British media love to elevate people, especially an underdog. But they seem to love even more seeing them failing spectacularly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:25 am 

Mod Aqua wrote:
Ok, the Schumacher diversion was already not on topic, but at least related to a point raised. It morphing into being about Hamilton is completely off topic. If you really feel this issue is worthy of discussion please take it to its own topic.

Sorry mod, I replied and then saw this message. I didn't want to drag that conversation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:42 am 

[quote="Siao7"]

It's not obvious its subtle. He will get digs about his "lifestyle" that a white driver doing the same would not get. The people writing the pieces probably don't even realise what they are doing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:51 am 

mikeyg123 wrote:

It's not obvious its subtle. He will get digs about his "lifestyle" that a white driver doing the same would not get. The people writing the pieces probably don't even realise what they are doing.

Maybe yes. But maybe it is not down to the race (obviously I can't speak on behalf of every journo). Maybe it is down to the fact that his lifestyle is "weird" enough for an F1 driver, living the gangsta life and all that, things that other drivers do not normally do. Compare it to Schumacher (as the while thing started with him) who had a quiet, low key family life outside the sport; the only negative thing I remember is that he once asked a cabbie to drive his car to get to the airport faster! Mind you, I do not think that anyone's personal life should be an issue, but when you are a celebrity you will attract the light.

Now that I mentioned the music, I think that JV got equal stick when he got his awful album out!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:21 pm 

KingVoid wrote:
1. I don’t even notice the halo anymore.

I do and I still don't like it but to be fair I don't think it actually impairs my enjoyment of the racing. Not decided yet.

KingVoid wrote:
2. A point for fastest lap is an excellent rule change.

No it's not. Just... No. It's a chnage and a distraction but not an improvement imo.

KingVoid wrote:
3. On average, Shanghai circuit has produced the best racing this decade.

Good one! Be interesting to do a Poll in which circuits do provide the best racing. Maybe what would be on the calendar if the fans could choose 20 circuits.

KingVoid wrote:
4. Sprinklers at Monaco would not be a terrible idea.

Yes. It is. Next.

KingVoid wrote:
5. Vettel would beat Ricciardo if they were teammates in the high downforce (2017-present) cars.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:49 pm 

The poll has sort of already been done on racefans website. Somebody linked it on the forum somewhere.

They've got people to rate each race out of 10 for the past 10 years and averaged out the ratings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:09 pm 

Siao7 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Maybe yes. But maybe it is not down to the race (obviously I can't speak on behalf of every journo). Maybe it is down to the fact that his lifestyle is "weird" enough for an F1 driver, living the gangsta life and all that, things that other drivers do not normally do. Compare it to Schumacher (as the while thing started with him) who had a quiet, low key family life outside the sport; the only negative thing I remember is that he once asked a cabbie to drive his car to get to the airport faster! Mind you, I do not think that anyone's personal life should be an issue, but when you are a celebrity you will attract the light.

Now that I mentioned the music, I think that JV got equal stick when he got his awful album out!

This is off topic now so this will be the last i'll say on it - If he was white the word "gangsta" would never be used in connection to him. He's working class as well which doesn't help with the press.

I'm not saying there is hate or bile but there is no media love in with Hamilton and that is the main point I had to make.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:15 pm 

Monaco has no place on the calendar.

I detest that race, but it will never be removed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:42 pm 

I will never get all the hate for Monaco.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:08 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:

Fully agreed. It's a street race, once a year. If there were 10 Monacos it would be annoying, but for one race I do not mind it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:04 pm 

Instead of sprinklers in Monaco only bring the hardest compound tire and require the teams to use only spec front and rear wings with half the downforce and no DRS.

Since it's pretty much a one off race anyway I'd have no problem with the spec wings for this one race on a circuit that's been outgrown.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:27 pm 

Siao7 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Fully agreed. It's a street race, once a year. If there were 10 Monacos it would be annoying, but for one race I do not mind it.

But it's not the only street race now. As a spectacle and a driving challenge, Singapore has far surpassed it. Compared to the rest of today's race calendar, Monaco stands out only as an anachronism, it's only unique feature is as the circuit that absolutely cannot be raced on by F1 cars.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:37 pm 

j man wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

But it's not the only street race now. As a spectacle and a driving challenge, Singapore has far surpassed it. Compared to the rest of today's race calendar, Monaco stands out only as an anachronism, it's only unique feature is as the circuit that absolutely cannot be raced on by F1 cars.

Disagree. Monaco is so much tighter and has far less margin for error. Qualifying at Monaco remains one of the years best spectacles and probably the biggest challenge for the drivers. It also has produced better races than Singapore over the last decade or so.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:12 pm 

Siao7 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

I think there are a number of reasons, guys.

The track is narrow and tough to pass on.

The cars have gotten considerably larger and heavier, as well as more powerful and faster. In the 50s an F1 car may looked larger, but with a wheelbase of 85" and weight of 1 327lbs it is quite small compared to modern cars with wheelbase of 138" and 1 500lb. Over the decades, the F1 cars have grown in nearly every dimension except width where it peaked in the 70s at about 81" ( now about 79" ), still considerably larger than a 1955 F1 car at 85" . I suggest the the F1 cars have outgrown Monte Carlo in about every way.

Merely, my personal opinion, but I could without the ultra rich glitz that is associated with the Monaco GP. There is nothing wrong with a spectacle, but it seems in the case, it is less about the race and more a case of it being an F1 opportunity to be seen as bedfellows with the "elite".

Lastly, again a personal issue, but I resent that Monaco does not have to pay to host a GP, while others pay tens of millions. We have lost some venues due to the exorbitant hosting fees and nearly lost others (ie. Spa to name one), yet Monaco gets a massive freebie. Throw in the massive personal cost to attend the race there, and I like even less...at least for most of the others, I still have hope!

Just my thoughts.

P.s.
I am not too fond of current street circuits in either F1 or IndyCar.

Last edited by Blake on Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:16 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
j man wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Disagree. Monaco is so much tighter and has far less margin for error. Qualifying at Monaco remains one of the years best spectacles and probably the biggest challenge for the drivers. It also has produced better races than Singapore over the last decade or so.

Putting together the perfect qualifying lap in Monaco is more difficult, I'll agree there. But the race in Singapore presents the biggest physical challenge of the season. The heat and humidity are unmatched on the calendar now that Sepang has gone, it actually has some fast corners and so the g-forces are generally higher than what Monaco presents, and it tends to run all the way to the two hour cutoff. Overtaking at Singapore, while difficult, does still happen and you don't get the same level of following the other cars around going at the same speed as the slowest driver. Drivers are rarely pushing in the Monaco GP outside of the pitstop window.

I used to like Monaco for its novelty factor but I've slowly grown tired of it over the years as I've realised that Singapore offers 90% of what Monaco offers with few of the drawbacks. Last year's Monaco GP was an embarrassing farce and made up my mind that it should not be on the calendar.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:37 pm 

A few more unpopular opinions that have some relevance considering ongoing discussions elsewhere in this forum:

6. I am okay with the on-track action suffering so that F1 cars can be technological marvels.

7. I would not be as interested in F1 if the cars were dramatically slower, even if the racing was closer. We have IndyCar and Formula E for that.

8. I like the hybrid engines, and do not want to see a return to simple engines.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:42 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:
Good one! Be interesting to do a Poll in which circuits do provide the best racing. Maybe what would be on the calendar if the fans could choose 20 circuits.

racefans.net does a rate the race poll at the end of each year.

Anyway, Shanghai’s record this decade is fantastic:

2010 - a very entertaining wet race

2011 - fantastic race, a six way fight for victory at one point.

2012 - Rosberg’s first win. A lot of action in the midfield.

2013 - a decent entertaining race

2014 and 2015 were boring

2016 - broke the record for the most overtakes recorded in a single race

2017 - good race

2018 - fantastic race

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:04 pm 

Exediron wrote:
A few more unpopular opinions that have some relevance considering ongoing discussions elsewhere in this forum:

6. I am okay with the on-track action suffering so that F1 cars can be technological marvels.

7. I would not be as interested in F1 if the cars were dramatically slower, even if the racing was closer. We have IndyCar and Formula E for that.

8. I like the hybrid engines, and do not want to see a return to simple engines.

N/A DOES NOT equate to Simple! They can be quite intricate and today you’d be surprised at what they can do with modern developments. All the added components in the current formula add far more cost than they do performance. Plus, N/A sound adds 3,798,594 bonus points in the badass column.

🤦🏽‍♂️

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:17 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
I too think the fast lap point has been a success, and I'm not sure I would mind even taking it a step forward, like get an extra point for:
- pole position
- highest top speed
- most overtakes
- fastest pit stop

etc. etc.

I'd go with pole position but that's it.

Agree!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:25 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
Blake wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Blake wrote:
Frenk Biber wrote:

I think that however great he was, his legacy is stained by cheating. On a more general note I despise the way how in the era of Schumacher and Armstrong people and media loved how a sport was totally dominated by one person by all means necessary. I hate Tiger Woods as well.

Are you as concerned by Hamilton's people and media love?

Hamilton gets a really hard time in the British media as well. Certainly no love in.

Our media doesn't like it much if you're black, successful and don't know your place.

Really? I wouldn't know it from the F1 media I have been exposed to. Seriously, Lewis Hamilton isn't extraordinarily popular in Britain?

Very much not. As I said above the media like people like Hamilton to know their place and be pretty much everything Hamilton isn't. We have a habit of tearing down success generally. Plus becoming a tax exile as soon as his first pay check came in didn't help either.

Schumacher, like Hamilton got a dealt with fine by the F1 press. Our lead commentator kept bigging him and Ferrari up so much that Ron Dennis invited him to the Mclaren factory to show that they cared just as much and were just as passionate about winning as Ferrari. Outside of F1 though not so much. Of course for different reasons.

are you referring to F1 and racing media or general media? I'd say by what I hear when watching the races as well as commentary on youtube, etc....that the F1 and racing media is in big favor of Hamilton, it to me, it isn't even a question.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:44 pm 

A few of mine
-I wish F1 was less tech and more racing, closer racing (lets all admit that 90% of the drivers at the top of the grid are with in <1.0 seconds of each other on the same equipment, and it might be closer to .5 sec).

-I still miss the old F1 sounds and smells

-F1 teams decides who they want to be their "star(s)". There is far more biased on who the teams select than we'd like to admit, and it isn't always based on driving ability

-It is still a shame that there are NO US drivers in the sport. I recognize that European countries generally put more emphasis on car racing than the USA, that being said, the USA has enough of a population, enough racers to have at least 1 driver in the series. The fact that much smaller countries like Finland have 2 drivers, and it is common for Mexico and other Latin countries to have drivers in F1 is more of an indication of the issue with "pay to play" than it is actual talent. (it isn't uncommon for some karting euro and world champions to come to the USA with their full team and get beat by US drivers, and many of these drivers go on to high levels of motorsports). The sport just lacks the means or desire to find anyone in the US. I have a feeling that since viewership is becoming a goal, this could change in the future. For the record, I usually route against the USA born drivers in Indycar and I hate NASCAR, so even if F1 gets a US driver, it doesn't mean I will automatically be a fan, like so many Brits regarding their drivers.

-F1 is at a turning point where things go very well or they lose. If one team quits (ie-Williams) and there are only 9 teams, I think this is a serious threat to F1 as we know it. Indycar already has a lot of talent coming to the series and appears to be gaining momentum. F1 needs to bring racing closer, more affordable and have more teams, but how do you do this without swimming pool off the big 3?

-If Hamilton were to race in more of a spec series like WEC, DTM, IMSA and/or Indycar, he wouldn't come close to dominating like he does in F1 (although I still believe he is among the best F1 drivers)

-F1 should make the cars smaller and more difficult to drive (go and watch on youtube the side by side video of Hamilton a few years ago driving Monaco compared to Senna. It is almost so boring that it looks like a video game compared to a fist fight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:35 pm 

rodH wrote:
A few of mine
-I wish F1 was less tech and more racing, closer racing (lets all admit that 90% of the drivers at the top of the grid are with in <1.0 seconds of each other on the same equipment, and it might be closer to .5 sec).

-F1 teams decides who they want to be their "star(s)". There is far more biased on who the teams select than we'd like to admit, and it isn't always based on driving ability

-It is still a shame that there are NO US drivers in the sport. I recognize that European countries generally put more emphasis on car racing than the USA, that being said, the USA has enough of a population, enough racers to have at least 1 driver in the series. The fact that much smaller countries like Finland have 2 drivers, and it is common for Mexico and other Latin countries to have drivers in F1 is more of an indication of the issue with "pay to play" than it is actual talent. (it isn't uncommon for some karting euro and world champions to come to the USA with their full team and get beat by US drivers, and many of these drivers go on to high levels of motorsports). The sport just lacks the means or desire to find anyone in the US. I have a feeling that since viewership is becoming a goal, this could change in the future. For the record, I usually route against the USA born drivers in Indycar and I hate NASCAR, so even if F1 gets a US driver, it doesn't mean I will automatically be a fan, like so many Brits regarding their drivers.

-F1 is at a turning point where things go very well or they lose. If one team quits (ie-Williams) and there are only 9 teams, I think this is a serious threat to F1 as we know it. Indycar already has a lot of talent coming to the series and appears to be gaining momentum. F1 needs to bring racing closer, more affordable and have more teams, but how do you do this without swimming pool off the big 3?

-If Hamilton were to race in more of a spec series like WEC, DTM, IMSA and/or Indycar, he wouldn't come close to dominating like he does in F1 (although I still believe he is among the best F1 drivers)

-F1 should make the cars smaller and more difficult to drive (go and watch on youtube the side by side video of Hamilton a few years ago driving Monaco compared to Senna. It is almost so boring that it looks like a video game compared to a fist fight.

I just highlighted one problem there, Americans don't want to or don't need to travel, their domestic series are good enough to make stars of them.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 23rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:59 am 

Covalent wrote:
I too think the fast lap point has been a success, and I'm not sure I would mind even taking it a step forward, like get an extra point for:
- pole position
- highest top speed
- most overtakes
- fastest pit stop

etc. etc.

Pole position could make sense - although perhaps it is already rewarded.

Highest top speed is determined by engine power and drag. Drag being inversely related to down force. No real reflection on the driver, so if anything it would make sense as manufacturer points. Would set up to enable low drag after a pit stop when not otherwise in the points make sense? If it did would it still be interesting?

Most Overtakes? - hmmm.... if it is just overtakes the two Williams cars could at least get some points by playing leapfrog. If it is more most positions gained on track (in other words subtract for being overtaken) it could be messy to count but it at least gives something chase when having too many grid place penalties.

Fastest Pit Stop.... a team point perhaps, not really something the driver achieves

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:56 am 

rodH wrote:

So your unpopular opinion here is that you dislike modern video camera stabilisation technology?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:55 am 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
rodH wrote:

So your unpopular opinion here is that you dislike modern video camera stabilisation technology?

I actually do. I think it really sells the drivers short and does make everything look far to comfortable and easy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:02 am 

mikeyg123 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
rodH wrote:

I actually do. I think it really sells the drivers short and does make everything look far to comfortable and easy.

I think that was the point I was making!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:21 am 

I just have to add this. This is Perez's opinion which i feel will be very unpopular! :D

"But with Lance his race pace is I think from all the team mates he is the closest to mine in terms of race pace. In quali he can deliver as well."

https://www.racefans.net/2019/03/29/rac ... p-29-03-2/

Mercedes should be after Stroll now!

I know this does seem like Perez can't really think this, but from all we have seen this year, he didn't look bad at all. And only suffered in qualifying for the same reasons as Sainz. While i don't think he will instantly be better than Ocon or Hulkenberg, I think he will be far closer to Perez than the majority think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:35 am 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
I just have to add this. This is Perez's opinion which i feel will be very unpopular! :D

"But with Lance his race pace is I think from all the team mates he is the closest to mine in terms of race pace. In quali he can deliver as well."

I know this does seem like Perez can't really think this, but from all we have seen this year, he didn't look bad at all. And only suffered in qualifying for the same reasons as Sainz. While i don't think he will instantly be better than Ocon or Hulkenberg, I think he will be far closer to Perez than the majority think.

I'm one who probably has a bit more faith in Stroll than most on here but the cynic in me can't help but think this is possibly just a small case of Perez not biting the hand that feeds him.

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 336 trophies available, 24 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:10 am 

j man wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Sorry I just saw your post. I agree with Mikey, it is a track that the smallest mistake will take you out. Even for a street circuit it is unique. It is an anachronism all right, but I do not see a major problem with that. Why is it so bad? To my mind it is almost like a WRC style race against the clock within an endurance series like F1!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:30 am 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:

As Palmer just said. That's a lie. There's no way you could tell from one traffic effected race.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:46 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:

As Palmer just said. That's a lie. There's no way you could tell from one traffic effected race.

Palmer is being disingenuous then, only outsiders of the sport determine a drivers race pace from watching the race.

Teams have simulators, they have the data from throttle and brake traces.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:10 pm 

rodH wrote:
A few of mine

I think most of these are very much popular views! Everyone wants closer racing and many people miss the old F1 sounds for example!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:18 pm 

Rockie wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:

Palmer is being disingenuous then, only outsiders of the sport determine a drivers race pace from watching the race.

Teams have simulators, they have the data from throttle and brake traces.

Has anyone ever said publicly that their bosses son is peaky?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:30 pm 

One more addition to my list...

The sky broadcast team may be the most irritating race coverage team I have ever heard.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:34 pm 

Here's one: Points should be awarded to 15th place.

The argument against it that I've seen is that it cheapens a race victory, or that F1 shouldn't award "participation points". But this isn't a hand-out for showing up. You still earn more points for superior performance, you still have to finish the race, and you still have to finish ahead of others. There are enough drivers who are frequently on the cusp of earning points that I think have points up for grabs for those positions will make the mid-field battle even more interesting. We may also see fewer cars retiring to save the engine because they may still have a shot at 1-2 points.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:39 pm 

Blake wrote:
One more addition to my list...

The sky broadcast team may be the most irritating race coverage team I have ever heard.

I don't mind Brundle, but I really don't like Crofty. He tries to be funnier than he is, and he makes a ton of mistakes calling out drivers (i.e. Q3 when he mistook Leclerc for Raikonnen).

I really liked Hobbs and Matchett with Diffey on NBCSN and Varsha on Fox Sports.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:39 pm 

kowen1208 wrote:
Here's one: Points should be awarded to 15th place.

The argument against it that I've seen is that it cheapens a race victory, or that F1 shouldn't award "participation points". But this isn't a hand-out for showing up. You still earn more points for superior performance, you still have to finish the race, and you still have to finish ahead of others. There are enough drivers who are frequently on the cusp of earning points that I think have points up for grabs for those positions will make the mid-field battle even more interesting. We may also see fewer cars retiring to save the engine because they may still have a shot at 1-2 points.

1st-100
2nd-75
3rd-60
4th-50
5th-45
6th-40
7th-35
8th-30
9th-25
10th-20
11th-15
12th-10
13th-6
14th-4
15th-2

FL-1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:42 am 

Something that struck me while reading the Bahrain quail thread that I've been saying for years and is probably an unpopular opinion....

I really don't like Brundle's commentary! I've always thought that he's still stuck in a past era of F1 and just can't get his head into the modern formula. I honestly think that if C4 lost their highlights footage, I would just stop watching f1 altogether if there were no other alternatives.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:56 am 

Another unpopular opinion: Redistribution of revenue will not make F1 better in any way.

Case in point: Williams. They finished 3rd in 2014 and have a historic payment. Despite the extra prize money they had over eight other teams, they've now found themselves stuck solidly at the back of the grid. F1 revenue distribution made up only half their 2018 budget, while the rest was from other sources. To add to that, Claire Williams said, "I think even regardless of the amount of budget we could have thrown at it - we threw a lot of budget at it, even if we had tripled it I'm not convinced we would have changed its course." Money does not necessarily fix bad engineering, bad management, bad morale, or anything else.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140800/tripled-budget-wouldnEURTMt-have-fixed-williams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:55 am 

Frenk Biber wrote:
pokerman wrote:

I guess some people just don't like to see greatness?

Hell no, but there is room for more than one. I think Messi is the greatest footballer but I am glad that his position is at least challenged by Ronaldo.

In tennis there are 3 legends competing against each other, which has been the case for more than a decade. Who did Schumacher have who was even remotely on the level of Nadal or Djokovic.

Answer: Nobody, for the bulk of his career.