planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:03 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7445
Location: Mumbai, India
Waiting for close wall driving tomorrow. Hamilton should win it easy.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am
Posts: 1152
Respect to Hamilton for that pole lap, not the tidiest, but you could see in the driving how much he wanted it and knew it would be down to his driving.

_________________
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:17 pm
Posts: 282
Who wins formula 1 championship tier? Hamilton or Bottas?

Who wins best of the rest, Ferrari or Red Bull?

Who wins formula 1.5?

Who wins formula 1.9, Kubica or Russell?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7789
Leclerc should start on the hards/mediums and go long to pull a gap, may even get lucky with a safety car.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 952
Overcuts are possible here, as well as undercuts. It should be interesting around the pit stops.

However, a 60% chance of rain could throw everything out of the window.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7445
Location: Mumbai, India
Johnson wrote:
Overcuts are possible here, as well as undercuts. It should be interesting around the pit stops.

However, a 60% chance of rain could throw everything out of the window.


Hope it does rain. Rain around Monaco will test the very limit of all the drivers.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7445
Location: Mumbai, India
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Leclerc should start on the hards/mediums and go long to pull a gap, may even get lucky with a safety car.


Mostly, all will go for a 1 stop strategy as it's close to impossible to overtake here. Only a safety car (very likely to happen atleast once) or a puncture will necessitate a 2nd stop.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 953
Location: Kansas
Altair wrote:
Who wins formula 1 championship tier? Hamilton or Bottas?

Who wins best of the rest, Ferrari or Red Bull?

Who wins formula 1.5?

Who wins formula 1.9, Kubica or Russell?

1. Lewis
2. RBR/Verstappen
3. Haas/KMag
4. Robert has not beat George in either qualifying or a race this season. Why should this be different?

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7445
Location: Mumbai, India
Race sets available with all drivers:

Image
Source - www.imgur.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7445
Location: Mumbai, India
Probable pit strategy options as per Pirelli:

Fastest strategy is a one-stopper with a very wide pit stop window:
Start on the soft compound, then switch to the hard tyre at any point between laps 10 and 22.

A slightly slower strategy, a one-stopper as well:
Start on the soft tyre and then switch to the medium at any point between laps 18 and 25.

Slowest strategy is a two-stopper:
Two stints on the soft of 10 to 12 laps each, followed by a final stint on the hard tyre.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7445
Location: Mumbai, India
Starting Grid:

1st – Lewis Hamilton
2nd – Valtteri Bottas
3rd – Max Verstappen
4th – Sebastian Vettel
5th – Kevin Magnussen
6th – Daniel Ricciardo
7th – Daniil Kvyat
8th – Pierre Gasly
9th – Carlos Sainz Jr.
10th – Alexander Albon
11th – Nico Hulkenberg
12th – Lando Norris
13th – Romain Grosjean
14th – Kimi Raikkonen
15th – Charles Leclerc
16th – Sergio Perez
17th – Lance Stroll
18th – Antonio Giovinazzi
19th – George Russell
20th – Robert Kubica

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 4378
Location: LONDON...!
Its spitting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:06 pm
Posts: 226
UnlikeUday wrote:
Race sets available with all drivers:

Image
Source - http://www.imgur.com


I'm sure Leclerc is very pleased he's got four sets of new softs...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 4670
Altair wrote:
Who wins formula 1 championship tier? Hamilton or Bottas?

Who wins best of the rest, Ferrari or Red Bull?

Who wins formula 1.5?

Who wins formula 1.9, Kubica or Russell?

Bottas
Red Bull
Ricciardo
Kubica

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7445
Location: Mumbai, India
1 hour back it was drizzling real mild. The chance of rain stands at 80% now. This is exciting.


_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 7322
UnlikeUday wrote:
1 hour back it was drizzling real mild. The chance of rain stands at 80% now. This is exciting.


I thought that LeClerc threw a spanner in, now this is properly exciting!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 952
Rain will really spice this up, the two forecasts I have seen give rain a 20% chance in the first 50 minutes of the race and a 50% chance in the 2nd hour. If my Maths is correct, that gives an overall 70% chance in the 2 hour race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:23 am
Posts: 2728
F1 goes live in 20 mins on youtube, so that'll give us a good indication weather wise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7445
Location: Mumbai, India
Drat..it's sunny:


_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1766
Location: Canada
I can't wait! Every year I grumble about Monaco being a crummy race and then, as the race approaches I get so excited, almost giddy about it. One day I must go see it in person. I hope there is some good racing today. Lewis will probably be impossible to beat, so I am looking forward to some battles between Max and the rest. I also hope Charles gets a good result today.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am
Posts: 952
Johnson wrote:
Rain will really spice this up, the two forecasts I have seen give rain a 20% chance in the first 50 minutes of the race and a 50% chance in the 2nd hour. If my Maths is correct, that gives an overall 70% chance in the 2 hour race.


Current forecast now seems to have the chance of rain at any point at 21% :thumbdown:

But the odds increase near the race end. We could get a late shower, start is looking to be dry.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1766
Location: Canada
Altair wrote:
Who wins formula 1 championship tier? Hamilton or Bottas?

Who wins best of the rest, Ferrari or Red Bull?

Who wins formula 1.5?

Who wins formula 1.9, Kubica or Russell?

Hamilton
Ferrari
Danny Ric
Russell


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:30 am
Posts: 419
The looks bright blue at the moment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:39 pm
Posts: 313
Altair wrote:
Who wins formula 1 championship tier? Hamilton or Bottas?

Who wins best of the rest, Ferrari or Red Bull?

Who wins formula 1.5?

Who wins formula 1.9, Kubica or Russell?


And people complain it's boring??? 4 championships for the price of 1!

Actually you might be on to something there. How about four podiums, four sets of trophies and four sets of results - you just pick the one you want to follow!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 953
Location: Kansas
TheBlackFlag wrote:
The looks bright blue at the moment.

....and it looks like it will rain at Indy this afternoon.
To bad it can't rain in Monaco and be sunny in Indy. :nod:

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:30 am
Posts: 419
Mort Canard wrote:
TheBlackFlag wrote:
The looks bright blue at the moment.

....and it looks like it will rain at Indy this afternoon.
To bad it can't rain in Monaco and be sunny in Indy. :nod:


So true, Mort.

Rain usually improve the race in Monaco, but ruins the racing at Indy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 pm
Posts: 2092
People praying for rain seem to be forgetting how good Merc, and in particular Hamilton are in the wet.

_________________
Top Three Team Champions 2017 (With Jezza13)
Group Pick 'Em 2016 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7445
Location: Mumbai, India
Herb wrote:
People praying for rain seem to be forgetting how good Merc, and in particular Hamilton are in the wet.


I rather see them dominate in a wet race rather in a dry race which has been for the last 5 races. Atleast the action behind the 2 Mercs will keep most of us on the edge of our seats!

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7445
Location: Mumbai, India
Going by the latest pics, it's not sunny but partly cloudy. Maybe the clouds will come in to spice up the race.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:30 am
Posts: 419
Looks like clouds creeping down the hill, pretty low in the sky


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm
Posts: 1624
Location: UK
Fingers cross for changeable conditions!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 953
Location: Kansas
UnlikeUday wrote:
Herb wrote:
People praying for rain seem to be forgetting how good Merc, and in particular Hamilton are in the wet.


I rather see them dominate in a wet race rather in a dry race which has been for the last 5 races. Atleast the action behind the 2 Mercs will keep most of us on the edge of our seats!

:thumbup: :nod:

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 15007
Going to be a lot of tyre saving with everyone waiting for rain that never comes. Like 2012.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7445
Location: Mumbai, India
Rain quite likely as per Chadhok. None of the drivers did any running on inters this weekend so imagine the fun...

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 953
Location: Kansas
Am surprised that Max backed off and let Valtteri have the exit of St Devote on lap 1.

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 7608
Location: Belgium
Stoffel commentating on RTBF! How many drivers would be able to do so in 3 languages? :nod:

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 953
Location: Kansas
Crofty: "DNF is now enabled".

Image
Source:http://zdnet4.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2015/11/19/abeba473-3ab8-4720-b5c1-1ec4db5008f6/thumbnail/770x578/3f2cd299006e121bed4d8d45d82c8d25/face-palm-emoji.gif

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 7608
Location: Belgium
Mort Canard wrote:
Crofty: "DNF is now enabled".
He's probably right...

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 1751
Location: Far side of Koozebane
Ricciardo train forming.

He's so slow. Losing 2sec a lap to leaders

_________________
Races since last non RB, Merc, Ferrari winner (After Canada- 19) - 125 & counting.( Last win, Lotus, 17/3/13)

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 321 trophies available, 23 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7789
Got a feeling Leclerc isn't finishing this race. Ricciardo is getting dropped rapidly.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lojik and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group