Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:57 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Blake wrote:
So, if I have read this correctly, we have two pages of discussion as to whether Paul di Resta heaped enough praise on Lewis? Even though it has been accepted that diResta was quite decent in his praise of Lewis after the clinching, we are to ignore that and go back further where, perhaps, he wasn't generous ENOUGH in some people's mind, therefore claiming he prejudiced against Hamilton?

Two questions:
1. Am I interpreting the nature of the thread wrong?
2. Why is so upsetting to some that one, of a broadcast team of several, Is not an enthusiastic supporter of Lewis?

Sums up this forum actually. When the Hamilton supporters can't find any real criticism toward Hamilton, they try to find someone who isn't giving enough praise.

Funny that there are 20 drivers on the grid yet Hamilton's praise levels are the only ones that are being scrutineered.

Try giving an attaboy to Carlos Sainz Jr. People come out of the woodwork to bust your chops.

Well I happen to support e.g Kimi and Vettel and I know how critical some people can be of those but you don't hear me complaining about it. No one can be liked by everyone and I'm totally fine with it.

That's not quite the same though if it's a factual criticism, you don't have to dislike someone to criticise them and who would dislike someone like Kimi, I daresay that Vettel is not someone who would garner dislike either?

No I'm not just talking about factual criticism, as I said no one is liked by all.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:49 am 

I've gotta say, I've never really noticed this, I like paul he up front hand honest.

I guess if people don't like is stile or views then i guess then you can come gripe here after all its a public forum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:43 pm 

Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Sums up this forum actually. When the Hamilton supporters can't find any real criticism toward Hamilton, they try to find someone who isn't giving enough praise.

Funny that there are 20 drivers on the grid yet Hamilton's praise levels are the only ones that are being scrutineered.

Try giving an attaboy to Carlos Sainz Jr. People come out of the woodwork to bust your chops.

Well I happen to support e.g Kimi and Vettel and I know how critical some people can be of those but you don't hear me complaining about it. No one can be liked by everyone and I'm totally fine with it.

That's not quite the same though if it's a factual criticism, you don't have to dislike someone to criticise them and who would dislike someone like Kimi, I daresay that Vettel is not someone who would garner dislike either?

No I'm not just talking about factual criticism, as I said no one is liked by all.

This is true but then again what's wrong with pointing it out?

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:45 pm 

lord byron wrote:
I've gotta say, I've never really noticed this, I like paul he up front hand honest.

I guess if people don't like is stile or views then i guess then you can come gripe here after all its a public forum

Indeed it's little different from complaining about Crofty's presenting style.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:58 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:

Nothing. Nor is calling them out on their irregularities or double standards on a forum. But some people seem to take exception to it.

As the OP suggested it is talked about on other forums and podcasts so a perfectly legitimate question to ask on a F1 forum if anyone has any idea where this animosity; if indeed it exists, stems from.
I'd guess you would have to watch FP regularly to get some idea of any issues.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:51 am 

pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:

Well I don't remember many threads started about someone not liking any other F1 driver, that's all.
Besides, nothing I've read or heard points to di Resta even disliking Hamilton to begin with so as I said maybe he isn't giving enough praise?

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:58 pm 

Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:

Well I don't remember many threads started about someone not liking any other F1 driver, that's all.
Besides, nothing I've read or heard points to di Resta even disliking Hamilton to begin with so as I said maybe he isn't giving enough praise?

It was started because of the amount of people that were posting about di Resta on other forums, the thread starter even said he's not noticed any negative bias from di Resta himself so it's not like he's trying to run any kind of angle.