planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:05 am 

mcdo wrote:
Punching above their weight once again and proving that last year wasn't a once off. Pound for pound the best performing team on the grid

Bit off topic but I've only even considered the pound for pound expression as something you use when comparing different weight classes in fighting sports (pound=weight), but it actually works well also in this context (pound=money).

Now that I think of it what's the rationale of having the same unit for both weight and currency? :lol:

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:07 am 

Covalent wrote:
mcdo wrote:
Punching above their weight once again and proving that last year wasn't a once off. Pound for pound the best performing team on the grid

Bit off topic but I've only even considered the pound for pound expression as something you use when comparing different weight classes in fighting sports (pound=weight), but it actually works well also in this context (pound=money).

Now that I think of it what's the rationale of having the same unit for both weight and currency? :lol:

Quick rip from Wikipedia:

Quote:
The term originated in the Frankish Empire as a result of Charlemagne's currency reform ("pound" from Latin pondus, a unity of weight) and was subsequently taken to Great Britain as the value of a pound (weight) of silver.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:35 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Quick rip from Wikipedia:

Quote:
The term originated in the Frankish Empire as a result of Charlemagne's currency reform ("pound" from Latin pondus, a unity of weight) and was subsequently taken to Great Britain as the value of a pound (weight) of silver.

I SI. ;) :thumbup:

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:59 am 

Reading reports which are claiming that Force India is struggling to survive. Apparently, Liberty has given a loan to Force India. In return, it's assumed that Vijay Mallya stepped down from his role. There are also 5 potential buyers lining up to buy Force India which includes Rich Energy, Mercedes & Austrian sponsor company BWT.

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/239169/liberty-media-gives-loan-to-force-india-report

Even though the struggling part sounds alarming, I'm sure someone with heavy pockets will buy this efficient team which even a shoestring budget can make good cars!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:13 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Reading reports which are claiming that Force India is struggling to survive. Apparently, Liberty has given a loan to Force India. In return, it's assumed that Vijay Mallya stepped down from his role. There are also 5 potential buyers lining up to buy Force India which includes Rich Energy, Mercedes & Austrian sponsor company BWT.

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/239169/liberty-media-gives-loan-to-force-india-report

Even though the struggling part sounds alarming, I'm sure someone with heavy pockets will buy this efficient team which even a shoestring budget can make good cars!

I heard that Michael Andretti was also sniffing around the team in Canada.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:04 pm 

pokerman wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

I heard that Michael Andretti was also sniffing around the team in Canada.

Yeah. Damn sure this team won't be called Force India next year as I'm close to being sure it's going to be bought. This team is a dream team to own. A better budget will surely produce a great car from the talented bunch at Silverstone.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:16 am 

If Andretti buys it, I’ll have a new favourite team. Love that guy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:30 am 

bradtheboywonder wrote:
If Andretti buys it, I’ll have a new favourite team. Love that guy

This team has proven to get success with a limited budget. A new owner would invest more finance into the team & the skilled guys at Silverstone would deliver a far greater car. Apart from Andretti, BWT & Mercedes are potential buyers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:17 pm 

stinks to see force india struggle.
andretti motorsports were nearly broke a few years ago. hope he has some big sponsors lined up. i also wonder who would be the pu supplier, since honda is heavily invested in his indy car team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:54 am 

The Austrian Grand Prix marks the 200th race for this team. I doubt this year they'll be able to beat Renault for 4th. I hope someone arrives in a shining armor & buys this team. This team is too good to go down to the gallows. Hope Mercedes makes this their B-Team.