All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:49 am 

Show 'em hell, Lewis! :evil:

Kimi, the iceman.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:45 am 

FormulaFun wrote:
i Lewis loses this championship by a small amount of points then i think every single steward should be fired or something. This sport is a total EMBARRASSMENT

It's really not the stewards on this one. It's his team. In fact, this season, it has been his team every time. McLaren are making donkeys of themselves and it isn't really funny anymore. This makes five consecutive races where they turnipped up his result. That's a quarter of the season! He should really think long and hard about going elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:27 am 

I think the penalty was harsh, but some sort of penalty was definately required under the circs....I say that as a Hamilton/Macca fan.

Huge chocolate fudge cake up on the pit to let him stay out light fueled.

Keep your chin up Lewis, fingers crossed for rain and a barn stormer of a race.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:29 am 

sandman1347 wrote:
FormulaFun wrote:
i Lewis loses this championship by a small amount of points then i think every single steward should be fired or something. This sport is a total EMBARRASSMENT

It's really not the stewards on this one. It's his team. In fact, this season, it has been his team every time. McLaren are making donkeys of themselves and it isn't really funny anymore. This makes five consecutive races where they turnipped up his result. That's a quarter of the season! He should really think long and hard about going elsewhere.

I agree, schumi isn't enjoying these tyres, if he retires then i would be very happy for Hamilton to go to merc, they are innovative, have a good Principle in Brawn and he has a very good relationship with Haug already.

They may not be able to create a fundamentally faster car than McLaren but no doubt he'd do a lot better than at McLaren

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:53 pm 

32 laps into the Spanish GP and he has already claimed 5th position - starting from 24th. Amazing.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:46 pm 

Great drive by Lewis today :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:01 pm 

Solid damage limitation today from Lewis. It looks like that slow pitstop cost him a likely 6th or 7th place finish. Anyways, he only lost about 4 points to Vettel; who is leading the championship.

Let's all take a deep breath and hope that all the cock-ups are out of McLaren's system now. That's a quarter of the season squandered by team errors. If they can get their act together, Lewis can still win the WDC. He seems unaffected by all the blunders and is performing excellently. Now he just needs the team to get out of their own way.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:12 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
Solid damage limitation today from Lewis. It looks like that slow pitstop cost him a likely 6th or 7th place finish. Anyways, he only lost about 4 points to Vettel; who is leading the championship.

Let's all take a deep breath and hope that all the cock-ups are out of McLaren's system now. That's a quarter of the season squandered by team errors. If they can get their act together, Lewis can still win the WDC. He seems unaffected by all the blunders and is performing excellently. Now he just needs the team to get out of their own way.

Well said :thumbup:

I dont think the pitstop this time round cost him anything coz it possibly cost him 2 seconds and he came out behind Massa who was 4 seconds ahead and then he got stuck behind him. So the 2 seconds lost in the pits didnt really matter. But of course, McLaren do need to stop screwing up the stops. Today it may not have cost much but Lewis has already lost a truckload of points and he cannot afford to lose more.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:58 pm 

8pts. behind the finger and baby bull. after five races and no wins. guys,he'll be alright. :]

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:25 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:

Even though all the terrible mistakes by mclaren dude aint fazed by nothing. He just keeps going with a big smile on his face. Thats what makes me like this guy so much. He should be driver of the race hands down.

sandman1347 wrote:

I couldn't have put it better. He drove immaculate today. I bet the guys in the Macca pits are scratching their heads about Jense.

"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else" Ayrton Senna

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:50 pm 

Watching the BBC Forum on iPlayer and its good to see Domenicalli raining praises on Hamilton's awesome drive today

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:01 pm 

Over 30 laps on one set of tyres, I could barely believe it when his engineer informed him after his 2nd stop he was not going to stop any more. So close to Rosberg too at the end.

I'm loving the Lewis I'm seeing, pretty much getting on with it without grumbling about his misfortunes even if no one would blame him if he did. A win has to be on the cards sooner rather than later!

Waltzing his way in and out through the two Torro Rossos over 3/4 corners was the highlight of his drive today.

As Brundle nicely put it; "Vintage Hamilton".

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:20 pm 

I think the drivers (Hamilton perhaps slightly moreso) are the only folk keeping the team together in some ways! But I do hope Macca can get on top of their stupidity issues and give both drivers the real team spirit and support they need.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 pm 

There are times I wish Ron Dennis would step back in!!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 pm 

Strawballs wrote:
There are times I wish Ron Dennis would step back in!!

WHAT! Ron Dennis was and is a fanny

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:26 am 

raider-hall wrote:
8pts. behind the finger and baby bull. after five races and no wins. guys,he'll be alright. :]

Hear hear!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:18 am 

Finally withmarsh gives lewis some credit he well deserved it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nupArAka ... re=related

"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else" Ayrton Senna

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:29 am 

Gunnetour wrote:
Over 30 laps on one set of tyres, I could barely believe it when his engineer informed him after his 2nd stop he was not going to stop any more. So close to Rosberg too at the end.

I'm loving the Lewis I'm seeing, pretty much getting on with it without grumbling about his misfortunes even if no one would blame him if he did. A win has to be on the cards sooner rather than later!

Waltzing his way in and out through the two Torro Rossos over 3/4 corners was the highlight of his drive today.

As Brundle nicely put it; "Vintage Hamilton".

hahahaha!Brilliant!!!! :thumbup: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:56 am 

I hope he gets a few more WDC he is a class act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRTCbL-P ... re=related

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:12 am 

Read this:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/9269657/Lewis-Hamilton-and-the-lost-children.html

Lewis about his experiences at his soccer-aid at manila.
Touching article:
Rico, the baby of the family, is one of the most beautiful babies I’ve ever met and I spent most of my time after that point with him in my arms. Sadly, though, the reason he stayed in my arms is that he can barely walk and is so malnourished that he looks more like six months than two years old. He also had no clothes on him apart from a dirty, ragged top. It was heartbreaking – especially as you could see that he was so loved by his brothers and his mum. They just didn’t have enough money to feed him properly, and his mum was so thin herself that she hadn’t been able to produce enough milk to feed him when he was younger.

I have a big family and so have spent a lot of time around children – I know what a healthy two year-old should look like. That’s why Rico’s appearance was so distressing. He was malnourished, weak and underweight from his life on the streets.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:33 am 

whitmarsh has changed his tune lately :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:37 am 

mclarenchrome85 wrote:
whitmarsh has changed his tune lately :lol:

Seems like they are doing what they can in PR to make him stay at macca... hmmm its gonna be interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:21 pm 

....and now leading the Championship :nod:

lol'd at him not wanting Nicole to get her gear off for a swim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:33 pm 

Formula1Fan. wrote:

He did what? :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:47 pm 

Formula1Fan. wrote:

And whats brilliant is the fact a few people here through his Championship chances out the pan, now he leads it.

Its what I been saying now for 3 races now a single win changes the position so much, we are not talking about 1 place but Lewis went from 4th to a 1st with a single race. I refuse to count out any of that top 8 at the moment because it would be silly to. If Gros manages to win that will stick him up with the front runners as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:58 pm 

WOOOHOOOO!!!

YES! Back in the lead, with style!:

Caption: After the Diamond Jubilee, stocks of Union Jacks ran low and ration-sized Union Jacks were all that were left for Hamilton to choose from.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:00 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:04 pm 

Two awesome videos from Lewis.

1th The Comeback http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRTCbL-Pugw

King of the kill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu5SMHpkSe8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:06 pm 

what a great race from Hamilton... Outstanding job Sir!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:42 pm 

I was so thrilled when he said this first up in the post race press conf. I am a huge fan and have lived his ups and downs and stood by him and believed in him. It really felt that he was reaching out to fans like me and it made by day :thumbup:

Quote:
Also, the race, I want to dedicate this one to all the fans out there, who are constantly sending letters and messages and always being so positive and supportive throughout the year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:29 am 

chinki wrote:
I was so thrilled when he said this first up in the post race press conf. I am a huge fan and have lived his ups and downs and stood by him and believed in him. It really felt that he was reaching out to fans like me and it made by day :thumbup:

Quote:
Also, the race, I want to dedicate this one to all the fans out there, who are constantly sending letters and messages and always being so positive and supportive throughout the year.

Yeah i agree! I know it's planned and all that but no other driver has ever thanked his fans as much as Lewis does and it really makes us feel involved and important to him. Followed him since the start of GP2 and when he thanks his fans like that it feels good man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:10 am 

Great win, finally all the pieces came together. Even with the pit issues he still manage to keep it together and take the win.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:12 am 

also he played down the bodged pit stop when asked about it multiple times so is helping his team there.

to be fair tho that pit stop whilst still slow the guy is mclaren's best guy and it showed on the quick recovery.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 am 

Nice race.
Had to drive hard to stop Vettel getting away while looking after the tyres.
Alonso did the same and jumped Lewis, but Lewis took his opportunity while Alonso was getting his tyres up to temperature and got in front (where he had to be to pull that gap needed to cover the second pitstop). So a lot of fast controlled driving on a circuit that can punish mistakes.

Alonso and Vettel had to make perfect second pit stops at the right time but didn't. I still think that Lewis had enough of a gap to be in front and maybe even over a second in front of Alonso if Alonso had made the perfect second stop, but it would have been close, and with the DRS zone being a bit too easy, if Alonso had come out within a second it could have been a tight finish.

Lewis has used his head all year and he has learned from Button and Alonso how to do the other things you need to add to his speed and race craft.
Just need the team to perform at somewhere close to Lewis's level now and he will have a very good chance of the title this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:33 am 

Analysis was key - Sky Sports F1 2012: Round 07 Canadian Grand Prix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIUOh1h2 ... ure=relmfu

ImageImageImageImage

Last edited by King1982 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:28 pm 

I appreciate Lewis driving skills eventhough I hate to see Alonso losing, :thumbup:
This race was 100% owned by Lewis.

its cool to see drivers winning on skill rather then getting gifted wins by Safety car or changeable weather luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:02 pm 

Hamilton just posted on his Facebook that he was just at the ESPN HQ in Connecticut.
I looked it up and apparently 3 hours ago they aired the interview.
I didn't know about it, so I was wondering if anyone happened to record/upload it; I can't find it on the interwebs yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:08 am 

xECKSx58 wrote:
Hamilton just posted on his Facebook that he was just at the ESPN HQ in Connecticut.
I didn't know about it, so I was wondering if anyone happened to record/upload it; I can't find it on the interwebs yet.

here it is :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH23_UUJcxw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:43 pm 

King1982 wrote:
xECKSx58 wrote:

here it is :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH23_UUJcxw

I was just about to post this. Thanks though :thumbup: