planetf1.com
http://images-cricket365.365.co.za/

Six degrees of (F1) Separation
http://images-cricket365.365.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12519
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Sevenfest [ Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:04 am ]
Post subject:  Six degrees of (F1) Separation

I thought about posting this in the 'Link the Drivers' thread but didn't want to hijack that!
So the aim is to get from one driver to another in 6 or less links - However the links have to be from working with other people rather than teams.
You can use drivers and engineers - I'd prefer to leave out team principals just because their careers with a team usually span so far so it makes it a bit easy, but it can be used if really needed ;) Also you can't just use who their current managers are! Otherwise people like Mika Hakkinen make it too easy again.

So as an example - Valtteri Bottas to Jackie Ickx

1.) Valterri Bottas drove at Williams with Felipe Massa
2.) Massa drove at Ferrari with Michael Schumacher
3.) Schumacher drove at Benetton with Nelson Piquet
4.) Nelson Piquet drove at Brabham with Niki Lauda
5.) Niki Lauda drove at Ferrari with Clay Regazzoni
6.) Clay Regazzoni drove at Ferrari with Jackie Ickx

Whoever gets it gets to make the next one! I'll start us off:

Esteban Guiterrez to Nigel Mansell

Go!

Author:  Exediron [ Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Sevenfest wrote:
Esteban Guiterrez to Nigel Mansell

Okay, I had to make an unusual connection here to make this one work, but I think it's valid!

---

1) Esteban Guiterrez test-drives for Ferrari with Jean-Eric Vergne
2) Jean-Eric Vergne drove at Toro Rosso in a car designed by James Key
3) James Key was a data engineer at Jordan for Damon Hill
4) Damon Hill drove at Williams with David Coulthard
5) David Coulthard drove at McLaren with Mika Hakkinen
6) Mika Hakkinen drove at McLaren with Nigel Mansell

---

For mine, I select...

Jenson Button to Alain Prost

Author:  Sevenfest [ Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Exediron wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:
Esteban Guiterrez to Nigel Mansell

Okay, I had to make an unusual connection here to make this one work, but I think it's valid!

---

1) Esteban Guiterrez test-drives for Ferrari with Jean-Eric Vergne
2) Jean-Eric Vergne drove at Toro Rosso in a car designed by James Key
3) James Key was a data engineer at Jordan for Damon Hill
4) Damon Hill drove at Williams with David Coulthard
5) David Coulthard drove at McLaren with Mika Hakkinen
6) Mika Hakkinen drove at McLaren with Nigel Mansell

---

For mine, I select...

Jenson Button to Alain Prost


Interesting! I thought it'd be a case of going via Sutil to F.India/Spyker drivers but that also works!

Author:  Sevenfest [ Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Exediron wrote:

For mine, I select...

Jenson Button to Alain Prost


1. Jenson Button drove at Williams with Ralf Schumacher
2. Schumacher drove at Jordan with Damon Hill
3. Hill drove at Williams with Ayrton Senna
4. Senna drove at Mclaren with Alain Prost

Harder one:

Marcus Ericsson to Gerhard Berger

Author:  Herb [ Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Probably an easier route (maybe using Barichelo?). And the final link is tenuous!

Ericsson raced with Adrian Sutil for Sauber in 2014
Sutil is currently Williams Reserve driver with Bottas
Bottas raced at Williams with Maldonado in 2013
Maldonado raced at Williams with Bruno Senna
Berger acted as Bruno Senna's advisor.

Author:  Exediron [ Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Herb wrote:
Ericsson raced with Adrian Sutil for Sauber in 2014

Didn't Gutierrez do that?

Author:  Herb [ Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Haha. Of course he did.

How soon the back markers have faded from my memory.

Author:  Sevenfest [ Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Herb wrote:
Haha. Of course he did.

How soon the back markers have faded from my memory.


Hah, oh well.

Ericsson raced at Caterham with Kobayashi
Kobayashi raced at Sauber with Heidfeld
Heidfeld raced at Prost with Alesi
Alesi raced at Benetton with Berger

I don't know if this is going to take off but.. one more from me:

Sakon Yamamoto to Michele Alboreto

Author:  Exediron [ Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Sevenfest wrote:
Sakon Yamamoto to Michele Alboreto


I think this one is bulletproof:

1. Sakon Yamamoto drove with Takuma Sato at Super Aguri
2. Takuma Sato drove with Giancarlo Fisichella at Jordan
3. Giancarlo Fisichella drove with Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari
4. Kimi Raikkonen drove with Luca Badoer at Ferrari
5. Luca Badoer drove with Michele Alboreto at Lola

For mine, I select something ambitious: Kimi Raikkonen to James Hunt

Author:  Sevenfest [ Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Exediron wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:
Sakon Yamamoto to Michele Alboreto


I think this one is bulletproof:

1. Sakon Yamamoto drove with Takuma Sato at Super Aguri
2. Takuma Sato drove with Giancarlo Fisichella at Jordan
3. Giancarlo Fisichella drove with Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari
4. Kimi Raikkonen drove with Luca Badoer at Ferrari
5. Luca Badoer drove with Michele Alboreto at Lola

For mine, I select something ambitious: Kimi Raikkonen to James Hunt


This was tough but it can be done! Was trying to find a way not to double up on Ferrari at the start but couldn't find a way..

Kimi Raikkonen drove @ Ferrari with Felipe Massa
Felipe Massa drove @ Ferrari with Michael Schumacher
Michael Schumacher drove @ Benetton with Riccardo Patrese
Riccardo Patrese drove @ Arrows with Jochen Mass
Jochen Mass drove @ Mclaren with James Hunt

Here's another one - Mark Webber to Emerson Fittipaldi

Author:  Exediron [ Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

If nobody else posts anything I'll give that a shot in a day or two, but I'm hoping to attract some more people :-P

Author:  huggybear [ Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Sevenfest wrote:
Here's another one - Mark Webber to Emerson Fittipaldi


Webber drove with Coulthard at RBR
Coulthard drove with Hill at Williams
Hill drove with Mansell at Williams
Mansell drove with Rosberg at Williams
Rosberg drove with Fittipaldi at Fittipaldi

That was pretty difficult considering Webber made his debut 22 years after Emmo retired.

Try Eddie Cheever and Jean Alesi.

Author:  Sevenfest [ Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

huggybear wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:
Here's another one - Mark Webber to Emerson Fittipaldi


Webber drove with Coulthard at RBR
Coulthard drove with Hill at Williams
Hill drove with Mansell at Williams
Mansell drove with Rosberg at Williams
Rosberg drove with Fittipaldi at Fittipaldi

That was pretty difficult considering Webber made his debut 22 years after Emmo retired.

Try Eddie Cheever and Jean Alesi.


Eddie Cheever drove at Renault with Prost
Prost drove at Mclaren with Senna
Senna drove at Mclaren with Berger
Berger drove at Benetton with Alesi


How about Steffan Johansson to Juan Pablo Montoya?

Author:  TakumaSatoforthewin [ Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Sevenfest wrote:
How about Steffan Johansson to Juan Pablo Montoya?


Montoya was teammates with Ralf Schumacher at Williams 2001-2004
Schumacher was teammate to Damon Hill in 1998
Hill was teammate to Nigel Mansell at the end of 94
Mansell was teammate to Alain Prost in 1990
Prost was teammate to Stefan Johansson at McLaren in 1987

Pedro de la Rosa to Ivan Capelli

Author:  mcdo [ Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

TakumaSatoforthewin wrote:
Pedro de la Rosa to Ivan Capelli

Pedro de la Rosa was teammates with Eddie Irvine at Jaguar 2000-2001
Irvine was teammates with Barrichello at Jordan 1993-1995
Barrichello was teammates with Capelli at Jordan at the beginning of 1993

Keke Rosberg to Nico Rosberg

Author:  Gotcha [ Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

mcdo wrote:
TakumaSatoforthewin wrote:
Pedro de la Rosa to Ivan Capelli
Keke Rosberg to Nico Rosberg


Quite a long time since a reply here but I find the thread interesting!

So, anyways:

1.) Keke Rosberg drove with Alain Prost at McLaren in 1986.
2.) Alain Prost drove with Ayrton Senna at McLaren in 1988/1989.
3.) Ayrton Senna drove with Mika Hakkinen at McLaren in 1993.
4.) Mika Hakkinen drove with David Coulthard at McLaren in 1996–2001.
5.) David Coulthard drove with Mark Webber at RBR in 2007–2008.
6.) Mark Webber drove with Nico Rosberg at Williams in 2006.

Maybe there was another route but that was the one I could figure out without the use of Wikipedia. :)


Next one: Lewis Hamilton to Niki Lauda.

Author:  Lotus49 [ Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Gotcha wrote:
mcdo wrote:
TakumaSatoforthewin wrote:
Pedro de la Rosa to Ivan Capelli
Keke Rosberg to Nico Rosberg


Quite a long time since a reply here but I find the thread interesting!

So, anyways:

1.) Keke Rosberg drove with Alain Prost at McLaren in 1986.
2.) Alain Prost drove with Ayrton Senna at McLaren in 1988/1989.
3.) Ayrton Senna drove with Mika Hakkinen at McLaren in 1993.
4.) Mika Hakkinen drove with David Coulthard at McLaren in 1996–2001.
5.) David Coulthard drove with Mark Webber at RBR in 2007–2008.
6.) Mark Webber drove with Nico Rosberg at Williams in 2006.

Maybe there was another route but that was the one I could figure out without the use of Wikipedia. :)


Next one: Lewis Hamilton to Niki Lauda.


1. Lewis Hamilton drove with Jenson Button at McLaren.
2. Jenson Button drove with Jaques Villeneuve at BAR
3. Jaques Villeneuve drove with Damon Hill at Williams
4. Damon Hill drove with Alain Prost at Williams
5. Alain Prost drove with Niki Lauda at McLaren



Next one: Ayrton Senna to Jim Clark.

Author:  mcdo [ Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Gotcha wrote:
mcdo wrote:
TakumaSatoforthewin wrote:
Pedro de la Rosa to Ivan Capelli
Keke Rosberg to Nico Rosberg


Quite a long time since a reply here but I find the thread interesting!

So, anyways:

1.) Keke Rosberg drove with Alain Prost at McLaren in 1986.
2.) Alain Prost drove with Ayrton Senna at McLaren in 1988/1989.
3.) Ayrton Senna drove with Mika Hakkinen at McLaren in 1993.
4.) Mika Hakkinen drove with David Coulthard at McLaren in 1996–2001.
5.) David Coulthard drove with Mark Webber at RBR in 2007–2008.
6.) Mark Webber drove with Nico Rosberg at Williams in 2006.

Maybe there was another route but that was the one I could figure out without the use of Wikipedia. :)

I think mine was the same except for Damon Hill instead of Hakkinen. Nice work!

Author:  Lotus49 [ Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Six degrees of (F1) Separation

Right I think I've got the wrong end of the stick here, I just picked Senna and Clark at random and didn't check if it could even be done :lol: .

I'll be back with a new one later but if someone's got one to go then fire away.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/